Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mount Vernon Parks 2014 Geocoin Challenge

This past Saturday we visited 15 Mt Vernon Parks In Mt Vernon Washington.  It was part of the Mount Vernon Parks 2014 Geocoin Challenge.  We had missed the event but had heard that there was still coins available.  So we decided to give it a go on Saturday. The weather was overcast and a little bit on the rainy side.
We started our Adventure at Hillcrest Park
Charlie and Tigger were ready
First off, I had no idea how big Mount Vernon was.  It is a favorite place for me to thrift but evidently I had just scratched the surface. We started our adventure at Hillcrest Park. 
Cody at E Division Pocket Park
 
Cody, Heather, Charlie on the Ted Reep Trail

Bakerview Park
The Boys
All the caches were unique.  I particularly like the MV Parks sign and the one at Lions Park.  Lions Park is one park you can see from I-5. I have always wanted to stop there. The park sits right along the Nooksack River.

One of my favorite parks was a little hidden pocket park next to Fire Station #3.  This is such a little secret but would be great to take a picnic lunch.
Our children were DONE!
We ended our adventure at Little Mount East Trail.  This is one place I would like to re-visit as they have a lookout.  We didn't get a chance to visit the look out but on a clear day I think it would be awesome.  There are lots of trails here. If I had this to do all over again, I think I would of started here.

No comments:

Post a Comment