Monday, October 27, 2014

31 days of Adventure- Arm Chair Adventures

I am joining the Nester's 31 Days of Writing.  Check out my entire series - "31 Days of Adventure."

I am also sharing this as part of my Booking It at Life as Mom.  As it turns out the theme over there this month is Travel Books and I think my little list fits in this category.

Not every day is a good day for adventure.  As I write this, it is a rainy day the kind that soaks you the minute you step out your door.  So when you can't get out and about, why not read about adventures from the comfort of your couch. 

I won't lie I really enjoy reading about others travels. Lets face facts, at this point in my life I am probably not going to hike the whole Pacific Crest Trail but I love reading about how others have done it.  Here are some reads about some real life "Adventures". I especially love those written by women and their adventures.

More Main Stream Reads
Wild by Cheryl Strayed - This is a highly acclaimed book about Cheryl's time on the Pacific Crest Trail. The movie is coming out in December and Reese Witherspoon plays Cheryl. I have mixed feelings about some of this book. But it does what all good books do it prompts discussion.



 "Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World".  The book is about three almost thirty year old girls who set off on around the world trip.  These girls left their high stress jobs in New York City and started an adventure The lost girls also have their own website.

Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams

52 Loaves - A Half Baked Adventure by William Alexander

Off the Beaten Track

Going Some Where by Brian Benson

The Cactus Eaters by Dan White - This another book about the Pacific Crest Trail

A Blistered Kind of Love - One Couple's By Trial by Trail by Angela and Duffy Ballard- Another book about Pacific Crest Trail.  I liked this one better than Wild.

Almost Somewhere by Suzanne Roberts - This book is about The John Muir Trail and girl power.

Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Gilman. This is a coming age book and what to do when you travel partner has a mental break down.

Hiking Through by Paul Stutzman

Becoming Odyessa by Jennifer Phaff Davis

Borderlands - Riding the Edge of America by Derek Lundy

Salt to Summit by Daniel Arnold .  This is about Daniel's adventure in Death Valley

Voluntourist by Ken Budd- Ever wanted to travel and volunteer, Ken did just that in all different locations.

Anyone have some suggestions for some more Real Life Adventure Books I should read?

No comments:

Post a Comment