Tuesday, October 14, 2014

31 days of Adventure - multi generational outings/trips

I am joining the Nester's 31 Days of Writing.  Check out my entire series - "31 Days of Adventure."

Perhaps the greatest multi generational trip I have ever undertaken was with extended family took Pappy,my husband's grandfather, on the Alcan Highway to celebrate his 90th birthday.  Pappy wanted to take this trip to see the part of the road he helped to build during WWII. If you need a good laugh, you MUST read Old People are Slippery and other Tales. It is a good summary of trip.

Here are a few tips I have gathered.

Manage Expectations- Let everyone know what you are going to do and see. 

Plan Ahead - Expect people are going to be tired, hungry, bored etc... Plan for that.  This is probably not a good time to fly by the seat of your pants.

Include as many participants in the planning as possible.

Do you have a good multi generational trip story - tell me about it in the comments?

Leavenworth, WA
Pappy's 92nd Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment