Saturday, October 3, 2015

Diary of a Mediocre Homemaker - Personal Finance Lessons

Dear Diary,
Does money grow on trees?  My kid thinks it does.   Yeah Me!  He is so going to live with me FOREVER. I took it as a personal challenge to talk all the time about personal finance. Somehow,  discussing the cost of things with me was annoying. Who knew he didn't want to discuss the benefits of running a fan over Air Conditioning. My 17 year old doesn't have a sense of humor. Maybe I will just conjuror some dollar bills out of the sky.

It has come to my attention that my 17 year old doesn't understand the basics of personal finance. My friend reminded me that when we grew up we learned a lot of life lessons from sitcoms. 



Check out this post at Money Saving Mom - Why We Let Our Teenager Manage Our Budget- I don't know if I would be brave enough to do this but it would definitely be eye opening for my 17 year old.

 Any Tips for Teaaching Personal Finance to Teens?  Leave Me a Tip in the Comments
 



Check out my series - Diary of Mediocre Homemaker
I am joining Write 31 Days for the month of October
 

No comments:

Post a Comment